Things we don't have in T.C.:
1. Piggly Wiggly
2. Jack-in-the-Box (There used to be one on Washtenaw in Ypsilanti during the 60s)
3. Rock extrusions
5. Tractor-trailers by the dozens on every stretch of highway in both directions.
6. Civil War Battlefields (Shiloh, Fort Pillow, Parker's Crossroads)and:
7. Kroger's with Kroger Gas Station out in front. (When we were kids, there was a Kroger's in T.C., but we've never even heard of a gas station out in front of a Kroger store like they have at Meijer or Sam's Club)
8. Things named Hatchie. Today in Tennessee we went by the Hatchie River and the Loosahatchie River. In Florida we've seen the Loxahatchie Wildlife Refuge. Texas and California each have a city named Waxahachie, but we don't have hatchies or hachies in Michigan.
9. A cache hidden in Civil War earthworks. (Fort Webb, Bowling Green) Dick's log for Deserted Webb:
We were excited at the prospect of touring some Civil War sites, we hoped that we would be able to find a map or directions for a motor tour but were disappointed. It was interesting however walking the small site and reading the signs. Thanks for helping us find it. We picked up a TB and left a stuffed toy.
10. At 12:30 p.m. on March 5 it was 60 degrees F, and there were daffodils alongside the highway. We actually have found SPRING!!!!!
11. Sam at the Comfort Inn in Bowling Green (home of Western Kentucky University) calls daffodils "March flags".
12. Favorite bumper sticker of the day: Wag More, Bark Less