This morning we closed out Mother's accounts and split up the funds - sent cashier's checks to Jim. It was kind of a bittersweet transaction.
We had lunch at Bubba's - it was excellent. I love that place.
The cherry blossoms are adrift out on the peninsula. It was the perfect day to go for a drive. It was so scenic - try to visualize bright blue sky, white, white blossoms, fields of bright yellow dandelions under the trees in the orchards - what a gorgeous sight.
We even stopped at Bardon's for a Wonder Freeze on the way home. It really has been a most excellent day.
Today's headlines according to MSN:
News Navigation As of 4:26 p.m. EDT
• Iraqi president says U.S. troops should stay
• Cheney warns Iran to keep sea lanes open
• Graduation bittersweet for Va. Tech families
• Taliban releases French aid worker kidnapped in Afghanistan
• Record number of U.S. foreclosures lures opportunists
• U.S. postal rates set to rise as 'forever' stamp goes on sale
• Work begins on Brad Pitt-backed New Orleans homes