Friday, July 02, 2004

Mr. Clean

Yesterday, Dick washed all of the windows, inside and out. And also the screens. I was still kind of in la-la land, and I wasn't much help.

Today I'm feeling much much better. Did some last minute chores around the house, then headed for town around 11:30. Took a package to UPS, mailed some bills, picked up some shirts, and met Dick at Mom's to pick up Dylan's "cozy little bed". Dick worked at the Visitor Center this morning, so we had 2 cars. Dick did Mom's recycling, and then I took her to the bank (it's Social Security check day).
Mom and I went for a little ride - it was fun to see the air show practicing for the official shows this weekend. People were massed on the edge of the bay just to watch the practice. All the tents are up and ready for Cherry Festival to begin tomorrow.

Mother said she wouldn't mind having a chocolate milk shake, so we drove out to Barden's. It's amazing how traffic has picked up in the last week or so.

Anyway, we had a nice ride and a good visit on a lovely, lovely day. This weather can stick around all summer, as far as I'm concerned.

I went shopping at Tom's to get ready for the 4th. I'm sure I'll need to make at least one more trip before the big day. I think we'll probably have the cookout on Monday, because Laurie and Dylan will be here.

No comments: