Friday, May 26, 2006

Onward and Upper Peninsula





The Mighty Mackinac - Our bridge crossing - the beginning, the middle, and the end: the view from the U.P. Toldja it was hazy.
Here's just an outline of our day - just so I don't forget some details. I can upload pictures and flesh it out a bit later. (Maybe)

Breakfast - Omelette Shoppe

Raining and foggy. Rain stops just in time for caching.

Kalkaska - 3 caches

Grayling - 3 caches - at one of them (Goose Creek) we met up with Team Coychev. Victory Mike and his sister- Two presidents of MiGO! Dick said he didn't know whether to log it as a multi or an event!

Lunch at Spike's

It's now a beautiful, sunny, warm, blue sky kind of a day. We lucked out.

Frederick - 1 cache

Gaylord - l cache

South side of Mac Bridge - 1 cache - a really dumb one - the man eating clam

Over the Bridge we go. I took 14,000 pictures, and it isn't even a good picture taking day - too hazy!

North side of Bridge - 1 cache

Drive to the Soo

Check into Quality Inn, where we're staying free for two nights using our frequent customer points.

Drive through the Soo looking for dinner.

Decide on Abner's, near the motel.

Sadly, remind me to tell about my sparerib dinner.

Return to motel - eat my boxed grilled cheese sammy.

Dick logs all ten finds - it's not easy when you're so tired.

I'm reading a good book, Distinguished Guest by Sue Miller.

Decide to take shower and wash hair tonight because of bug repellent I used so liberally today!

Dick's finished logging, his turn to read - my turn with the laptop. We love WiFi.
Having fun reading logs of the teams who have finished the S2S series. It is most enjoyable!

OK, that's my outline of today. More later (maybe).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://neveo.info/787.html and http://google-machine.info/1985.html