Saturday, September 06, 2008

Miami of Ohio

At kickoff, it was 20 degrees cooler than last week's kickoff! There was an occasional light breeze, so it was much more comfortable. Believe it or not, I stayed in my seat for the entire game - I'm so happy!

As for the football - there was not that much to be happy about. We did win the game 16 - 6, but the team still doesn't really have its act together. There was only one play in the entire game that was well executed and resulted in big gain. We kept waiting for something effective to happen, but it wasn't to be.

Site: Ann Arbor, Mich. (Michigan Stadium)
Score: Michigan 16, Miami (Ohio) 6
Records: U-M (1-1), Miami (Ohio) (0-2)
Attendance: 106,724
Next U-M Game: Saturday, Sept. 13 -- at Notre Dame (South Bend, Ind.), 3:30 p.m.

ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The University of Michigan football team held Miami (Ohio) without a touchdown, repelling two drives inside the U-M 10-yard line, while the offense scored a pair of quick-strike touchdowns to begin the first and fourth quarters, helping head coach Rich Rodriguez earn his first win with the Maize and Blue in a 16-6 decision Saturday (Sept. 6) at Michigan Stadium


It remains to be seen how much tougher Notre Dame is than Miami of Ohio of the MAC - it's going to be a long season.

After the game we began our trip out East by driving to Port Huron to spend the night. Ate dinner at RumRunnerz - a fun place right on the water. Dinner got off to a slow start, though, because we couldn't find each other! Dick dropped me off and went to park the car. I was seated, ordered beverages, got a refill, and he still hadn't arrived! The waiter hovered around me being very solicitous - I think he thought I was being stood up. I was picturing Dick maybe having an accident in the parking lot and with nobody knowing where I was! It turns out that he had gone into the restaurant next door and was waiting for me over there. I think we were separated for over a half an hour with no clue what was happening to the other one.

Tomorrow we plan to drive through Ontario to Corning, New York. Let the caching begin!

No comments: