Thursday, September 09, 2010

Normal Thursday With a Twist

Already starting to pack things to take to Ann Arbor next week. We've rented an apartment there for 5 weeks for football season. This will be the 3rd or 4th year we've done this - I've lost track! We'll be there for 4 games - one week there's an away game. Tom is coming for the MSU game on Oct. 9, and Jana hopes to come for a visit too, but nothing is definite yet. We really love Valley Ranch - it's convenient to everything - shopping, dining, the stadium, the A2 library - just everything. We leave one week from today.

This year, in addition to our personal things that we'll need for 5 weeks, we're also packing things for the 46th Annual Kanitz Reunion on Sept. 19th. Jim and I are in charge this year, so I'm packing table coverings, serving spoons, decorations, - you get the idea.



Our niece Kris is helping immensely - and I think we've got everything covered - but I keep going over in my mind - what am I forgetting? Coffee cups, check, Kool-Aid cups, check, crayons for the kids, check, etc. This is a big reunion. We expect around 150 people - of which we know about a dozen! The rest we see once a year. I'm actually looking forward to it this year - that hasn't always been true.

Today we went to the gym and did errands - Omelette Shoppe, Visitors Center, PO, library, Oleson's and Progress...oh wait! At the Progress Laundry there was a big banner saying "Master Dry Cleaners", and none of the familiar people were there - new folks behind the counter. I asked - has there been a change in ownership? Oh yes there has been - oh no. I used to go to Master's on 14th St. but I switched when their prices went up. It will be interesting to see how much they charge me for the things I left today. I loved Progress - they all knew me by name and went to get my order as soon as our car pulled up. Doggone it. It seems that the older I get the more resistant to change I become. Phooey.

No comments: