Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Health 101


First on the schedule was a pack, move, and winter storage estimate from Denoyer's Moving Co.  We've already had one evaluation from the Mayflower people, so we'll have to make a choice.  Currently we are thinking that we'll be all packed up and stored by the first week in November, and then head for our home in Florida and not come back until our condo is ready in T.C.

Yesterday we went to see Dr. Burke - he is good t keeping track of all of my "numbers."  This is from a letter I sent to Emilie and Alice:

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing a numbers game.  All of my test results are presented as numbers, and  Lord only knows what they all mean.  My diabetes is better - the latest A1c number was 5.3,  Anemia is worse - latest hemoglobin number was 8.3.  Kidney function is stable, potassium and thyroid counts seem to be either too high or too low - I don't know those exact numbers.  The doctors seem to think that the cirrhosis is worse than the cancer - go figure.  Right now I'm not having any treatment at all - no chemo is definitely a good thing.  What's next remains to be seen.  I have no pain, just some discomfort from fluid retention, and I get fatigued very easily.  We are plugging along one day at a time.  Thank goodness for Richard!
Dr. Burke figured out why I'm so tired all of the time.  It's a combo of low blood pressure, low hemoglobin, and hypothyroidism.  Whee!

This afternoon we went to the mall and went mall-walking.  Haven't done that for a while.  I had fun looking around Penney's and Lane Bryant, but I was very good and didn't buy anything :)  Dick was able to find a couple of pairs of shoes that fit.  Yay.

No comments: