Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Bad Week

Here's Dick's report on what he calls "The Bad Week"!

First off, the Nuvi died. No luck so far getting a response from the company we bought an extended warranty from. We printed out a few nearby and up at Northport. We tried 9 and had 4 DNF's. Our worst outings ever. Maybe we should take up golf.
On the health front, I was out Tues. while Nancy took in a flick with a girl friend. The workout in the gym had gone fine and the hike to the cache was fine but on the way home I got dizzy. It was like I was drunk. Got home about 3 and I couldn't walk a straight line. Nancy wanted to take me to the ER, I wanted to wait and see. She called and got me an appointment for Wed morning. She drove me to the Dr. I was still unsteady. Everything checked out and the diagnosis was dehydration. It's like they don't consider decaf a fluid.
Any way, we went out to breakfast and I guzzled H2O. I did feel better. We then took our usual TC cruise through town and the marina. We were pulling back through, northbound in the right turn/through lane at the traffic light for the parkway, third car in line behind a HUGE white SUV.
Then, the jerk in the SUV decided the guy in front wasn't moving fast enough so he BACKED UP intending to pull into the left lane and pass. We were about 5 feet back of him. Before I could hit the horn or drop into reverse, he smashed into us. The front GO BLUE plate was smashed as were parts of the bumper. He gets out wearing his Spartan cap and looks at the front end and says, "Doesn't look like any significant damage". Nancy checks to see if maybe someone has painted a target on the grill.
So we file a police report, contact the insurance company and head off to the collision shop for an estimate. Now I think it's kinda neat when we walk into the restaurant and the gal says "Nice to see you again", and automatically brings me my decaf and tell us about her kids, but when you walk into the collision shop and the guy behind the counter turns and calls to the estimator in back, "Hey Tim, Mr Steiger's here again!" that's just nuts!
Oh well, will our luck continue through the weekend and Connecticut? As you can see on her blog, I had to talk hard to get Nancy to go. I think what got her to give an OK was the thought of me on the road alone and having a dizzy spell.
Oh well, my mom's favorite line was "This too shall pass".

No comments: